PADI Divemasters Wanted! Join the Tribe!
Do you have a deep and abiding passion for diving? If so, you should consider doing what you love for a living: become a PADI Divemaster.
When you Join the Tribe™ by becoming a PADI Divemaster, you align yourself with the largest and most respected dive tribe in the world—that of PADI Professionals. These are PADI Divemasters and Instructors sharing a passion for diving and an active concern for the health of the world’s underwater habitats.
PADI Divemaster Course
Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
What You Learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As you progress through your Divemaster course, you’ll expand your diving knowledge, hone you skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the the acquatic realm.
The PADI Divemaster Course is best to do it as an internship in order to gain experience working in a dive centre. The course is hard work but alot of fun. It sets you on the road to becoming a professional diver who will be able to work worldwide.
AQUA PLANET DIVE CENTRE AND CHARTER is the ideal place to do this course as you will get a lot of hands on experience in the dive centre as well as getting to dive the famous PROTEA BANKS, which is a deep dive with sharks and gamefish. The diving is challenging and will well equip you for your future as a professional diver.
The Gear You Use
- You use all the basic scuba equipment and some accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive computer etc.
- It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. AQUA PLANET DIVE CENTRE AND CHARTER and their staff will assist you in purchasing the correct equipment for your needs from our dive shop.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Divemaster Crewpak which includes:
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI Divemaster slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Scuba Tune-up Guidebook
- PADI Professional Log
- PADI DSD Cue Cards
- PADI Pro Bag
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving - a comprehensive overview of diving physics, physiology, and equipment
There are other required materials that a PADI Divemaster candidate will need but may have received them during other PADI programs so they have not been included in the PADI Divemaster Crewpak. Please ask your PADI Instructor for the full list of required materials that you will need for the program.
- To enroll in the PADI Divemaster Course, you must be at least 18 years old.
- To enroll in the PADI Divemaster Course, you must be a PADI Open Water Diver, a PADI Advanced Diver and a PADI Rescue Diver (or have a similar qualifying certification from another training organization).
- To enroll in the PADI Divemaster Course, you must have a current Emergency First Response certification (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization).
- To enroll in the PADI Divemaster Course, you must have a have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification (10 dives are included in the course).
- To enroll in the PADI Divemaster Course, you must be fit for scuba diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
PADI Divemaster Course: R12000-00 per person and includes 10 dives. The price excludes the PADI Divemaster Crewpak (R4000-00) AND excludes the PADI Divemaster registration fee which is linked to the exchange rate.
If you have aspirations of working overseas, are looking for a career filled with adventure or just want to become a confident diver, then this is the course for you!