SARDINE RUN 2022
BOOKING DATES: 26 JUNE 2022 - 10 JULY 2022
Come and experience one of the wonders of the natural world as we take you on an underwater adventure that will blow your mind! The sardine run occurs from May through July when billions of sardines spawn in the cool waters of the Agulhas Bank and move northward along the east coast of South Africa. Their sheer numbers create a feeding frenzy for hungry and opportunistic predators from the depths, and even from the air above!
Accommodation at Vukani Backpackers
Staying in Rondavels or glamping tents(whichever is available at time of booking)
Sharing dorms sleeps 10 in a Rondavel
Breakfast, Packed Lunch and Dinner
Dinner is a planned set meal each night. If you don't like the meal for the day, another can be requested from the wide variety on restaurant menu.
6-8 Hours Ocean time each day
Cylinder, air and weights.
We hope that the restaurant bar will be open by next year, however it's advised to bring your own alcoholic drinks due to stores being an hour's drive away. There is a "shabeen" close by with the basics such as beer or ciders.
Items of personal nature, insurance, airfares and transfers, taxes, passports/visas
Location will be sent upon booking confirmation.
Any meals over and above the breakfast, lunch or dinner already included in the package
Full Gear hire - R400.00 per day
Per Item - R80.00 per day
At own discretion.
4 NIGHTS, 3 OCEAN DAYS
R15 300.00 PER PERSON SHARING ROOM/DORM
R17 100.00 PER PERSON OWN ROOM
5 NIGHT, 4 OCEAN DAYS
R18 800.00 PER PERSON SHARING ROOM/DORM
R21 050.00 PER PERSON OWN ROOM
6 NIGHTS, 5 OCEAN DAYS
R21 980.00 PER PERSON SHARING ROOM/DORM
R24 680.00 PER PERSON OWN ROOM
7 NIGHTS, 6 OCEAN DAYS
R24 600.00 PER PERSON SHARING ROOM/DORM
R27 750.00 PER PERSON OWN ROOM
Rustic, simple but comfortable - Vukani aims to bring you an authentic Transkei experience while still providing you with a comfortable holiday stay. Clients can opt to book their own accommodation and only pay the daily ocean rate. Enquire for more info.
NEED TO KNOW
- You are paying for a spot on the boat. We are working with nature and in no way can we guarantee action.
- On days that we are unable to launch, we will substitute the day with a land based activity such as kayaking, cultural tours, hiking trails,etc.
- Divers will need to meet in Mdumbi and arrange their own transfers.
- Aqua Planet Dive Centre and Charter will not beheld liable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury to any person or their personal belongings.
- Accommodation in the package included does not have on suite bathrooms.