The PADI Rescue Diver Course, conducted over FOUR days, offers you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience beyond the recreational level, to where you now consider the needs of other divers.
The PADI Rescue Diver Course is a 'hands on' course. Whilst the subject matter is serious the course itself is a lot of fun and very rewarding. Interaction and participation amongst students on this course is encouraged in order to ensure learning.
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describes the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur.
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken.
What You Learn
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive compass and accessories.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Adventures In Diving manual. This is provided in the course fee.
- To enrol in the PADI Rescue Course, you must be at least 12 years old.
- To enrol in the PADI Rescue Course you must be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or have a similar qualifying certification from another training organization).
- To enrol in the PADI Rescue Course you must be trained and current for First Aid and CPR. If you do not have a First Aid and CPR qualification, you can do the Emergency First Response Course with us.
Emergency First Response Course: R1300-00 per person (including EFR manual)
PADI Rescue Diver Course: R4500-00 per person
PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL BE DIVING IN A MARINE PROTECTED AREA (MPA), ALL DIVERS NEED A PERMIT TO DIVE! THE PERMIT CAN EITHER BE BOUGHT FROM THE POST OFFICE (ANNUAL - R100-00) OR A MONTHLY PERMIT CAN BE BOUGHT FROM THE DIVE CENTRE (R45-00).
Included In The Course
- Full use of equipment
- 2 dives
- PADI Rescue Diver manual
- PADI Rescue Diver certification card
Your Next Adventure ...
Your next step in diving is either to become a PADI Master Scuba Diver or you can follow the professional route and become a PADI Divemaster.